The Most Unique Sweep You Will Witness. . . Probably Ever. . .
Who knew that you can combine your Serbian B-Boy background with Muay Thai to create an entirely new technique? American Muay Thai’s finest, Ognjen Topic shows us one of his unique and self made sweeps which I title: The Breakdance Sweep.
Ognjen Topic is known for his tricky style, having faced Saenchai in the past, he takes great pride in his speed and ability to strike from stutters, fakes, and unknown traditional patterns. This sweep is just one unique technique in his bag of tricks:
Step One: Catch the Kick
Step Two: Pass the Leg Through – Create room By Sliding Hips Back or Stepping the Rear Foot Back
Step Three: Step the Front Leg in – Planting the Foot Ready to Spin
Step Four: Spin, Hitting the Articulation Behind the Knee or Below the Calf to Successfuly Catch the Sweep.
Ognjen Topic is a current IKF World, WBC, WKA National and a former Lion Fight Lightweight World Champion in Muay Thai. He has been training at North Jersey Muay Thai (NJMuayThai.com) since 2005. In 2008, Ognjen began training and fighting out of Eminent Air Gym in Bangkok, Thailand. Eminent Air is ranked one of the 10 best gyms in the country. Ognjen has divided his time primarily training at NJMT, while spending months each year at Eminent Air. There he is able to gain a competitive advantage, while preparing to compete on large televised promotions such as MAX Muay Thai, Ch. 8 (Highest rated show in Thailand ) he has also fought in Lumpini, Radjadamnern, Aswindam, Jitmuangnon, Theprasit and many more stadiums, including one in China. Back in USA, Ognjen is a full-time instructor who holds class while training for big fights, such as on the Lion Fight show. Aside from fighting, Ognjen is also an award winning graphic designer, some of his work can be see at TopicCreative.com
- Ranked No. 1 in the USA (Super Feather Weight Division)
- Current WKA North American Champion (Lightweight Division)
- Current WBC North American Champion (Super Feather Weight Division)
- Former Lion Fight World Champion (LightWeight Division)
- Voted 2011 North American professional rookie of the year by Muay Thai Authority. (MTA has over 1,200,000 fans on their fan page: facebook.com/MuayThaiAuthority)
- Voted 2011 professional fighter of the month by the WKA (World Kickboxing Association)
- Voted 2011 Break through fighter of the year by Muay Thai is Life website
- Awarded New Jersey Martial Arts Hall of Fame 2012 Fighter of the Year
- Awarded most “Fight of the Night” by Friday Night Fights in its history (facebook.com/fridayfights)
Paul Banasiak is a Professional Muay Thai fighter/addict, 9x champion, trainer, and fitness professional currently living, training, and fighting in Thailand. After leaving medical school without looking back, he decided to fully follow his passion of helping others become the best version of themselves, creating MuayThaiAthlete.com. A website for those who are already passionate individuals that want to take their life, mindset & training to the next level.
Today we begin forging our bodies and
strengthening our limitless minds.
Interested in even more? Follow us on: